HIAWASEE, Ga. - Carson-Newman defeated Young Harris twice as the Eagles scored a 6-3 decision, while the Lady Eagles won 9-0.
Eagles are now 3-1 on the season, while the Lady Eagles are
The Eagles continued strong doubles play by taking two of the three doubles matches, and then rode the momentum to win four out of the six singles matches. Juniors Chris Acker (Knoxville, Tenn.) and Adraino Kira (Brazil) accounted for three of the Eagles six points. They defeated Reichl/Midkiff 8-1 in the NO. 3 doubles. Kira then defeated Midkiff 6-4, 7-5, while Acker downed Reichl 7-6(3), 6-2 in singles play. Jack Harvie (Snellville, Ga.) and Paul Birdsong (Woodstock, Ga.) remained undefeated in doubles play this spring season as they posted an 8-6 win at No. 2 doubles. They built a 7-2 lead before closing out their opponents. Other Eagles to win singles matches were No. 2 Trent Slagle (Knoxville, Tenn.) and No. 6 Derek Holdway (Woodstock, Ga.).
The Lady Eagles turned in another strong performance. The day began with the Lady Eagles winning all three of the doubles matches. The momentum continued as all six singles matches went to the Lady Eagles. In a hard fought No. 1 singles match, Amanda Bartlett (Powder Springs, Ga.) outlasted Kinsey Black by the score of 2-6, 6-1 and 6-4.
1. Schrappen/Gottanbos (YH) d. Schwarz/Slagle 8-6
2. Harvie/Birdsong (CN) d. Childree/Dixon 8-6
3. Acker/Kira (CN) d. Reichl/Midkiff 8-1
1. Schrappen (YH) d. Rodolfo Schwarz 6-4,6-1
2. Trent Slagle (CN) d. Dixon 7-5,7-6 (2)
3. Adriano Kira (CN) d. Midkiff 6-4,7-5
4. Childree (YH) d. Paul Birdsong 6-3,6-3
5. Chris Acker (CN) d. Reichl 7-6 (3),6-2
6. Derek Holdway (CN) d. Gottenbos 6-3,6-0
1. Bartlett/Cappadona (CN) d. Black/Brinkley 8-3
2. Sneed/Elliott (CN) d. Deese/Smith 8-2
3. Wilson/Goode (CN) d. Allen/Maxwell 8-2
1. Amanda Bartlett (CN) d. Black 2-6,6-1,6-4
2. Elizabeth Sneed (CN) d. Brinkley 7-5,6-3
3. Taryn Cappadona (CN) d. Deese 6-0,6-1
4. Kylie Elliott (CN) d. Smith 6-0,6-2
5. Megan Wilson (CN) d. Allen 7-5,6-4
6. Stephanie Goode (CN) d. Maxwell 6-0,6-1