Lady Eagles Slip Past Brevard, 5-4
JEFFERSON CITY, Tenn. — The Carson-Newman women's tennis team edged Brevard, 5-4, on Friday afternoon in South Atlantic Conference action.
The Lady Eagles are now 9-3 overall and 4-3 in conference play.
The Lady Eagles then won four out of their six singles matches. Bartlett defeated Shaeffer, 6-4 and 7-5. C-N dropped the No. 2 and No. 3 singles matches, but finished strong and in dramatic fashion at in the final three matches. Cappadona came back from a 5-2 deficit in the third set to win the No. 2 singles match 6-2, 3-6 and 7-5.
The momentum carried over to No. 5 singles, as freshman Megan Wilson (Maryville, Tenn.) won a three setter as well by a score of 6-3, 1-6 and 6-0.
The match then came down to No. 6 singles, and Stephanie Goode (Alcoa, Tenn.) outlasted her opponent in a dramatic three-setter by the score of 4-6, 6-2 and 7-6 (2).
The Lady Eagles return to action on Saturday at Mars Hill. Match time is set for noon.
3. Kayley Duval/Jennifer Nyman (B) d. Stephanie Goode/MeganWilson 8-2
1. Amanda Bartlett (CN) d. Shaeffer 6-4,7-5
2. Hostetter (B) d. Elizabeth Sneed 6-4,6-2
3. Dillman (B) d. Kylie Elliott 6-2,6-3
4. Taryn Cappadona (CN) d. Duval 6-2,3-6,7-5
5. Megan Wilson (CN) d. Douglas 6-3,1-6,6-0
6. Stephanie Goode (CN) d. Dixon 4-6,6-2,7-6(2)